Slab HeatingFrequently Asked Questions
Hopefully, by browsing this page and clicking on the questions below, you should be able to find an answer to your Slab Heating related problem. If that is not the case then you can visit our forum or let us help you, either by using our live Chat or Ask A Question services.
The layers for the full installation are as follows:
- bottom layer is 8-10" of compressed crushed rock aggregate (may already exist)
- second is a 4-12” layer of sand; (may already exist)
- next, a layer of 2" polystyrene insulation
- then add a 2-3” layer of concrete
- then add the rebar and/or reinforcing mesh and attach the cable or mat
- finally, pour a 2-3" layer of concrete as the final flooring surface
Call tech support at (800) 875-5285 to customize this to your unique application.