From the Desk of our Tech Expert, Scott Rosenbaum:
The best troubleshooting tip of all is to make sure you test the roll before it’s installed.
- ALWAYS test your roll with an Ohms meter* once you have unpacked it from the shipping box.
- After the floor heating roll(s) is cut and laid out on the floor, you MUST test the roll again.
It really is that simple. These 2 easy steps can save time, money, and a lot of heartache in the long run. It just doesn't make any sense to install a defective roll. And, the only way to know if the roll is defective is to test it! If the roll is defective, give us a call and we will ship a replacement to you overnight. If you have any questions at all, we are available by phone to help you, 24/7!
If the roll passes these two tests, you are ready to encase the roll(s) in thinset or self leveling cement. Whichever you use, it should be latex modified.
- Before troweling on the thinset, install the Circuit Check* device to each roll you’re installing. This device will “sound off” very loudly if the roll gets damaged during installation.
- After the floor is installed, test the roll again with an Ohms meter.
These simple steps should make the installation problem-free. It is so surprising how many problems we see in Tech Support that could have been easily avoided by reading the installation manual and following these simple steps!
* The Circuit Check IS NOT a substitute for an Ohms meter! A digital Ohms meter can be purchased at any hardware store for around $15.
We won’t share your information and you can unsubscribe at any time with a single click.