Ember Glass Radiant Panel - Black - 800W - 47" x 24" - Plug-in
- Wall mounted: this 47” x 24” infrared heating panel can be installed vertically or horizontally on your wall and the plug-in (120VAC) connection makes it very DIY-friendly
- High heat output: this panel heater delivers an impressive heat output of 2,728 BTUs per hour
- Energy efficient: it only costs approximately 9.6 cents per hour on average to run this electric wall heater
- Safe & stylish: this radiant panel provides a safer, more attractive alternative to traditional gas or propane space heaters
- 5-Year warranty: limited 5-year warranty and lifetime 24/7 technical support
Ember Glass Radiant Panels Description
Taking its name from the aftereffects of a fire, Ember radiant panels emit heat without a flame. In fact, they emit enough heat to act as a primary or supplementary heating source for a room. Unlike convection heating, this plug-in 3.9- by 2-foot black panel heats the surfaces and objects in a room instead of the air. This allows the warmth to be stored longer within the materials before being released slowly and evenly into the air. As a result, the ambient air temperature will be cooler, but those in the room will feel warmer. To deliver even heat, the panels can be mounted to a wall. These radiant panels benefit allergy sufferers because they do not circulate dust or other allergens into the air. They can also be used as towel warmers when towel bars are attached to a vertically mounted panel located in a dry area of your bathroom. Plus, they are unique in that that they have one of the highest possible efficiency rates and consume the least amount of energy possible*.
Note: Towel bars must be purchased separately.
* Infrapower Manufacturing Ltd.
- Wall Mounted: This 47” x 24” radiant panel comes with DIY-friendly plug-in connection (120 VAC) and can be installed vertically or horizontally on your wall
- High Heat Output: This infrared heating panel puts out 2,728 BTUs per hour
- Low Operating Cost: It only costs roughly $0.10 per hour to run this model (based on a national average electrical cost of 12 cents per kWh)
- Safe and Stylish: This radiant panel is not only more aesthetically pleasing than a propane space heater but it’s also safer
- 5-year Warranty: This product is covered by a 5-year limited warranty
|Cord Length||9.5 ft|
Warranty / Certifications
|BTU Per Hour||2730|
|Maximum Surface Temperature||212 F°|
|Model||Ember Glass Black - 47" x 24"|
|Installed Depth||1.5 in|
|Shipping Height||2.75 in|
|Shipping Length||51 in|
|Shipping Weight||44.2 lbs|
|Shipping Width||27.5 in|
Documents & Manuals
- Comparison Chart for Timers and Switches for Towel Warmers or Radiant Panels
- Ember Glass Sell Sheet
- Price List All Indoor Products MSRP Canada
- Radiant Panels Comparison Chart - LAVA and Ember
- The Radiant Living Collection Sell Sheet
- Dealer Program: Model Home/Parade of Homes
- Dealer Program: Name Your Own Promotion
- Dealer Program: Personal Use Program
Customer Questions & Answers
How hot is the unit when in use?
The heater is very hot during use (depending on model, up to 125° C or 257ºF).
How quickly does the unit heat up?
The startup heating time is approximately 5 to 10 minutes. However, your room will not feel warmer immediately because the cold objects in the room (furniture, walls, ceilings, floors, etc.) need to warm up first. Once these surfaces are heated, the warmth will spread throughout the room.
What should I do if my Ember radiant panel won’t heat up?
Verify 120V power at the connection of the panel to the circuit at the junction box in the wall, or at the outlet for plug-in models. Each Ember heater has a built-in safety switch that turns off the heating element automatically if it overheats. By unplugging the unit and waiting for about 10 to 15 minutes, the safety switch will reset automatically and the unit will be operational again.
If you experience additional issues, please give us a call at 1-800-875-5285.
How far from the panel will the heat substantially radiate and where should it be aimed?
Radiant heat travels through air, and typically heats up objects closer to the panel first and then the rest of the room later. Heat from the panel can be easily detected from about 3-4 feet. Ideally, the radiant panel should be aimed onto the area with more use, since that will be the surface that will warm up first.
Ember Radiant Panels achieved an average rating of 5.0 stars with 2 reviews by our customers.
Attractive and effective
Moob'm I., MANHATTAN, NY on 03/23/2017
Attractive and effective. Install went smoothly.
Lenore P., WINNER, SD on 04/18/2016