Pro GEN II 32″ x 60″ Shower Pan with Offset Drain Hole
This rectangular (32” x 60”) shower pan with an offset drain hole has a built-in slope that directs water towards the drain. This shower pan greatly decreases both installation time and project weight because it eliminates the need to create a mortar/mud bed.
Please note that this shower pan consists of 2 fitted pieces and in order to make it waterproof, it will need to be combined with various waterproofing accessories like the Pro WP Waterproofing Membrane.
Customer Questions & Answers
Shower Kits has 14 Questions and Answers.
Should I install a traditional mud kit (drypack mortar and PVC liner / mortar and membrane) or use a pre-formed foam pan?
Pre-formed pans are easily modifiable and easy to install on any substrate. They are great for DIY, as well as for a fast and clean installation by a professional. Drypack kits do not work well for tiles smaller than 2" x 2" without additional work.
Modified thinsets are stronger once cured. Most have additional anti-crack features, and better initial tack/grab (AKA less “slump”). They also are required for use with porcelain and glass tile.
No. Never cut the heating mat. The floor heating mat is designed with a very specific resistance in order to consistently maintain heating at the chosen wattage per square foot. Trimming the heating cable in the mat would lower the resistance of the cable causing the system to overheat. Adding heating cable to the system would raise the resistance and the system would not heat properly.
If you think you have the wrong heating element, contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team by calling 1-800-875-5285.
The Pro GEN II shower kits come with pre-formed pan. They have the same level of warranty as competing brands, but Pro GEN II shower kits have many improvements, and often total to a lower price than competitors.
- The Pro GEN II shower kits use the Pro WP membrane which is rated at .07perm for water vapor, meaning it is the best protection you can get in a membrane system (nearly double the rating of the competitors)
- The Pro GEN II shower kits are rated for use with modified thinsets, meaning a stronger install and ease of material sourcing (modified thinsets are often required for installing porcelain or glass tiles)
- Our preformed pan system is stronger, featuring a denser foam pan, and a stronger drain flange
- Our drain flange is supported by both the pan and the subfloor, meaning it is much stronger than the competitors' flanges which rely only on the pan for support. Our flanges even include a built-in removable and easy-to-clean hair trap inside the drain riser
- The Pro Gen II shower kits are fully customizable with 3 pan options and multiple grate cover finishes to choose from
A complete kit will include the following:
- Shower pan
- 108 sq. ft. of waterproofing membrane
- 33 linear feet of waterproof joint band
- 4 pre-shaped inside corners
- 1 drain flange with ABS or PVC neck (check your local standards for using ABS or PVC)
- Drain grate riser with construction plug and hair trap
- Drain grate cover
- Curb piece/s
- 2 outside corners for the curb
Note: If you elect to include floor heating, a complete kit will also include a TempZone Shower Floor Heating Mat, an nSpire Touch programmable thermostat, and a Circuit Check.
View all 14 Questions and Answers