TempZone Electric Shower Floor Heating Kit - 48” x 48” - Center Drain
- Program up to 6 setting changes for each day of the week.
- It’s never been easier to set up a radiant heating system according to your preferences and schedule.
- With an included floor sensor, your system can cycle on and off and continuously adjust to save energy.
- With its crystal-clear 3.5” full color touchscreen display, the nSpire Touch is as easy to operate as it is to look at.
- Just scan the QR support code for instant access to a smart, interactive manual.
This is a complete floor heating system that can be paired with a Pro GEN II shower waterproofing system. This 48” by 48” TempZone™ Shower Mat with a center drain should be paired with a Pro GEN II 48” by 48” shower pan with a center drain so that the drain holes in each will line up correctly to accommodate a drain assembly.
The TempZone™ Shower Mat will deliver a heat output of 15-watts per sq. ft. and is UL rated for wet locations in both the U.S. and Canada. In addition to the shower floor heating mat, this kit comes with a Circuit Check electric continuity alarm which is used during installation to alert you if a heating element is damaged and an nSpire Touch programmable floor heating thermostat.
The TempZone™ Shower Mat is warrantied for 25-years and the nSpire Touch thermostat is warrantied for 3-years.
Warranty / Certifications
|Warranty||25 Year Warranty|
|Wet Location Listed||US, Canada|
|Connection||4 wires, double pole|
|Ground Fault Protection (GFCI)||Class A, 5 mA|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||1800 W - 120 V, 15 A / 3600 W - 240 V, 15 A|
|Supply||120 VAC, 50/60Hz / 240 VAC, 50/60Hz|
|Watts Per Sq. Ft.||15 watts per sqft|
|Drain Hole Diameter||5″|
|Heating Element Thickness||0.125″|
|Floor Types||Tile, Marble, Stone, Vinyl, LVT, LVP, Wood, Bamboo, Carpet, and more|
|Included Floor Sensor||10k ohms, 15' lead|
Documents & Manuals
- Slab Heating Installation Manual
- TempZone™ Flex Roll (Twin Conductor) Installation Manual
- TempZone™ Floor Heating Cable Installation Manual
- Circuit Check Installation for TempZone Single, Standard and Custom Fit Mats
- Environ Flex Roll Installation Manual
- Environ™ Easy Mat Installation Manual
- Hardwired Timer and Switch Generic Wiring Diagram
- Installing Floor Heating Under Concrete Slabs Step by Step
- Manual de instalación de su Sistema de Calefacción Radiante Tempzone (Spanish Version)
- PSC Shower Waterproofing System Installation Instruction
- Prodeso Membrane Installation Manual
- Prodeso Shower Floor Cross Section
- Snow Melting & Slab Heating Application Cross Sections
- TempZone Shower Floor Mat Installation Manual
- TempZone™ Cable Nailed-Down Hardwood Installation
- TempZone™ Custom or Standard Mat Installation Manual
- TempZone™ Cuts and Turns
- TempZone™ Easy Mat Installation Guide
- TempZone™ Flex Roll (Twin Conductor) Important Installation Information Summary
- TempZone™ Flex Roll Nailed-Down Hardwood Installation Overview
- TempZone™ Floor Cross Section in Shower
- TempZone™ Important installation information
- TempZone™ Installation Manual (Single)
- TempZone™ Shower Mat Installation
- TempZone™ Twin Circuit Check Instructions
- nSpiration Series Rough-in Kit-02 Installation (single conduit)
- nSpiration Series Rough-in Kit-03 installation
- nSpiration rough-in kit-01
- Floor Heating Request for Quotation Form
- Permanent Fixture Sample Drawing
- Environ Checklist Materials And Tools Checklist
- Heat Loss Calculation Request Form
- TempZone Cable Materials And Tools Checklist
- TempZone Custom Mat Materials And Tools Checklist
- TempZone Easy Mat Materials And Tools Checklist
- TempZone Flex Rolls Materials And Tools Checklist
- 1050VA Transformer Wiring Diagram to 3 TempZone™ Single Conductor 24V Rolls
- 1200VA Transformer Wiring Diagram to 3 TempZone™ Single Conductor 24V Rolls
- 300VA Transformer Wiring Diagram to 2 TempZone™ Single Conductor 24V Rolls
- 500VA Transformer Wiring Diagram to 2 TempZone™ Single Conductor 24V Rolls
- 750VA Transformer Wiring Diagram to 3 TempZone™ Single Conductor 24V Rolls
- EnergyStat™ Wiring Diagram with TempZone™ Single Conductor 120v / 240v
- RC-40AMP Relay Wiring Diagram with Environ™ 240V Round Lead
- RC-40AMP Relay Wiring Diagram with TempZone™ (Single)
- T1003-A Timer Wiring Diagram with Environ™ Round Lead 120V (Legacy)
- TH115-B-120GA SmartStat™ Wiring Diagram with Environ™ 120V (Legacy)
- TH115-B-240GB SmartStat™ Wiring Diagram with Environ™ 240V Round Lead
- TempZone 3.7 Cable Drawing
- TempZone™ Custom & Standard Mat Wiring Diagram
- Wiring Diagram for TempZone™ Cut & Turn Single Conductor (Multiple rolls) 120V & 240V with SmartStat™, EasyStat™ and Comfort Regulator
- nSpiration Series Thermostat Environ Wiring Diagram
- nSpiration Series Thermostat Multiple TempZone Twin Wiring Diagram
- nSpiration Series Thermostat Slab Heating Wiring Diagram
- nSpiration Series Thermostat TempZone Twin Wiring Diagram
- nSpiration Series Thermostat Wiring Diagram
- Comparison Chart for Timers and Switches for Towel Warmers or Radiant Panels
- Environ Flex Roll Sell Sheet
- Floor Heating and Shower Waterproofing Kit Sell Sheet With Price List Canada
- Indoor Controls Sell Sheet
- Indoor Slab Heating Sell Sheet
- Prodeso Membrane vs. Cable Strips Comparison Chart
- Radiant Panels Comparison Chart - LAVA and Ember
- TempZone Flex Roll Sell Sheet
- TempZone Floor Heating Cable Sell Sheet
- TempZone Floor Heating Thin Cable Sell Sheet
- TempZone Installation Kits & Accessories Sell Sheet for Canada
- TempZone Shower and Bench Mats Sell Sheet - Canada
- Tempzone Custom Mat Sell Sheet
- nSpiration Series Comparison Chart CANADA
- 5TH Avenue Condominiums - New York City, NY - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
- Chicago Housing Authority Senior Living Apartment Building - Chicago, IL - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
- LUX 74 Residences - New York, NY - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel - Las Vegas, NV - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
- Ocean House Hotel & Residences - Westerly, RI - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
- Under Carpet Radiant Heating Installation for Yoga Yurt Studio
- Universal Design Living Laboratory - Columbus, OH - TempZone™ Electric Radiant Floor Heating
Customer Questions & Answers
Will the installation of a TempZone floor heating system affect the height of my floor?
The TempZone™ twin conductor cable present in our TempZone™ products is comprised of a double-insulated, coaxial heating cable. The total thickness of the system can be between ⅛” and 5/32” thick and will not noticeably affect the height of your installed flooring.
What is the warranty for the TempZone floor heating system and for the shower waterproofing kits?
For the Floor Heating Systems:
The TempZone™ Shower Floor Heating Mat is covered by ourWarmlyYours’ 25-Year No Nonsense™ Warranty. In the event of a defect, we cover not only the repair or replacement of the TempZone™ system, but also any labor and materials required to perform the repair.
The nSpire Touch is covered by a 3-year limited warranty.
For the Pro GEN II Shower Waterproofing Kits:
Pro GEN II shower waterproofing materials come with a a lifetime limited warranty.
How does the TempZone floor heating system work?
TempZone™ is an electric floor heating system that operates like an electric blanket for your floors. TempZone™ is covered in thinset, and is installed over the top of your shower pan and beneath your flooring. The system provides a warm, even temperature across your floor. The TempZone™ floor heating system is easy to install, operate, and maintain.
What is the typical operating cost of a TempZone Shower floor heating system?
The actual cost of operating your floor heating system will vary depending upon a number of factors including the cost of electricity in your area and the length of time you run your system. The WarmlyYours TempZone™ Shower Floor Heating Mat, for example, uses 15 watts per square foot. Based on a national average electricity rate of $.10/kW/hr, the approximate operating cost of an average bathroom using this system, measuring 4' x 4' would be as little as 4 cents a day. This cost is based on running your system a full 8 hours per day. Try our Operating Cost Calculator for a quick estimate.
Is the TempZone floor heating system safe for showers?
Yes. The WarmlyYours TempZone™ floor heating system has withstood rigorous safety testing by the Underwriter's Laboratory and has received the Wet Location UL listing for the U.S. as well cUL certification for Canada. WarmlyYours offers thermostats that carry the CSA Mark and the UL listing, which certifies that the product has been tested under extreme conditions and meets applicable standards for safety and/or performance in the U.S. and Canada. All WarmlyYours thermostats contain a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) which provides fail-safe protection against an electrical shock.
The mat I bought is too big or too small. Can I add wire or remove wire to make it fit?
No. Never cut the heating mat. The floor heating mat is designed with a very specific resistance in order to consistently maintain heating at the chosen wattage per square foot. Trimming the heating cable in the mat would lower the resistance of the cable causing the system to overheat. Adding heating cable to the system would raise the resistance and the system would not heat properly.
If you think you have the wrong heating element, contact our 24/7 Technical Support Team by calling 1-800-875-5285.
How many watts per square foot are delivered by the TempZone Shower Floor Heating Mats?
The TempZone™ Shower Mats are designed to deliver 15 watts per square foot, with the heating element positioned 3” apart on a serpentine loop attached to a fiber mesh.
Why is modified thinset better for my installation?
Modified thinsets are stronger once cured. Most have additional anti-crack features, and better initial tack/grab (AKA less “slump”). They also are required for use with porcelain and glass tile.
How can I tell if a particular thinset is modified or unmodified?
For shower kits, most of the modified thinsets you are looking for are listed as compliant with ANSI 118.4 and ANSI 118.11. Unmodified thinsets will be listed as compliant with ANSI 118.1.
What does "modified thinset" mean?
Modified thinset is an industry term for any thinset mortar which has additives (usually latex or acrylic).
How are Pro GEN II shower waterproofing kits better than the competition?
The Pro GEN II shower kits come with pre-formed pan. They have the same level of warranty as competing brands, but Pro GEN II shower kits have many improvements, and often total to a lower price than competitors.
- The Pro GEN II shower kits use the Pro WP membrane which is rated at .07perm for water vapor, meaning it is the best protection you can get in a membrane system (nearly double the rating of the competitors)
- The Pro GEN II shower kits are rated for use with modified thinsets, meaning a stronger install and ease of material sourcing (modified thinsets are often required for installing porcelain or glass tiles)
- Our preformed pan system is stronger, featuring a denser foam pan, and a stronger drain flange
- Our drain flange is supported by both the pan and the subfloor, meaning it is much stronger than the competitors' flanges which rely only on the pan for support. Our flanges even include a built-in removable and easy-to-clean hair trap inside the drain riser
- The Pro Gen II shower kits are fully customizable with 3 pan options and multiple grate cover finishes to choose from
Should I install a traditional mud kit (drypack mortar and PVC liner / mortar and membrane) or use a pre-formed foam pan?
Pre-formed pans are easily modifiable and easy to install on any substrate. They are great for DIY, as well as for a fast and clean installation by a professional. Drypack kits do not work well for tiles smaller than 2" x 2" without additional work.
What additional tools and materials are needed to install a Pro GEN II shower waterproofing kit?
- Jigsaw (for subfloor drain hole) & drill (for pilot hole)
- Premium modified (Latex/Polymer) thinset mortar (not premixed)
- 5-gallon bucket
- Mixer and caulking gun
- 3/16"x 3/16" square notch trowel
- Margin trowel
- Utility knife
- PVC or ABS cement, and section of coupler pipe for connection
What is included in a complete Pro Gen II shower waterproofing kit?
A complete kit will include the following:
- Shower pan
- 108 sq. ft. of waterproofing membrane
- 33 linear feet of waterproof joint band
- 4 pre-shaped inside corners
- 1 drain flange with ABS or PVC neck (check your local standards for using ABS or PVC)
- Drain grate riser with construction plug and hair trap
- Drain grate cover
- Curb piece/s
- 2 outside corners for the curb
Note: If you elect to include floor heating, a complete kit will also include a TempZone Shower Floor Heating Mat, an nSpire Touch programmable thermostat, and a Circuit Check.
Shower Kits achieved an average rating of 5.0 stars with 1 reviews by our customers.
Pre-made shower pan
Collin F., Kootenai, ID on 07/27/2019
I used this pre-made shower pan and waterproofing kit for the first time and liked it. I do about 10-15 mud set tile showers a year and generally build my pan from scratch with pan liner and mortar, then I use hardi backer brand concrete board on the walls, then I tape and mud all seams followed by 3 coats of Redguard. That process takes 3 days always because of cure times. I prepped a 4' x 3.5' shower with 9' walls in one long day the first time I used this system. I put the pan in, hung the concrete board, and put on all the waterproofing on the first day and started setting tile the following day. Obviously this is a big time saver and will go faster the next time I use this system. The one tricky part is hooking up the drain. My job was a second floor bathroom remodel with no access to the drain pipe from below, so I had to make the glue connection as I set the pan. That just made it a bit more challenging the first time out. Setting the pan and drain first and then making the drain connection later is definitely the easier way to go if possible.