500’ Roof and Gutter Deicing Self-Regulating Heating Cable, 5W/ft., 240V
- Helps protect your roof and gutters from damages caused by ice formation
- This 500’ length of 240V heating cable is ideal for use in multiple roof and gutter deicing projects
- Can be trimmed to length (with accessories) at the jobsite by the installer
- This cable has a nominal output of 5 watts per linear foot at 50°F (10°C)
- Covered by a 10-year warranty
Ice Shield: Self-Regulating Roof and Gutter Deicing Systems Description
When ice and snow accumulate on a building’s roof or gutters, they can cause ice dams, which can lead to significant water damage requiring costly repairs. When used with a temperature/moisture sensor and an applicable control (sold separately), the Ice Shield Self-Regulating Roof & Gutter Deicing heating system can detect and begin melting snow and ice, creating a pathway for water to drain properly and avoid potential damage. The self-regulating cable, which fluctuates wattage per linear foot in response to the temperature outdoors, is highly energy efficient, which can save on operating cost.
With roof clips (sold separately), this heating cable can be used to create a zigzag pattern along the perimeter of a roof, where residual heating from the home is at its weakest, to prevent the formation of ice dams where they’re most likely to form (and cause the most damage). The cable can also be run through gutters and down downspouts to ensure the melted runoff doesn’t refreeze and cause further damage. The durable, thermoplastic outer-jacket makes this product impervious to the elements and it works with a wide range of roof materials like asphalt shingles, metal roofs, slate roofs, and more.
The Ice Shield roof and gutter deicing cable is also self-regulating. This means the power output (watts per linear foot) of the product will fluctuate based on the cable’s temperature. This is automatic and ensures both energy efficiency and low operating costs. It also helps prevent overlapped or criss-crossed cables from overheating. This particular cable has a nominal heat output of 5 watts per linear foot when the cable is at 50°F (10°).
This 500’ length of 240V heating cable would be best used for several smaller projects. With the use of Power Connection Kit (SR-PWR-KIT) accessory, which is sold separately, it can be trimmed and end-capped to exact size by the installer at the jobsite.
- Nominal power output at 50°F (10°C): 5W per linear ft.
- 240 VAC, hardwired electrical connection
- Durable, yet flexible, construction
- Automatically varies wattage for optimal energy savings
- Can be overlapped or criss-crossed
- Safe: cULus and cCSAus listed
- Warranty: 10-years
|Applicable Voltages||208 VAC, 240 VAC, 277 VAC|
|Benefits||Can be cut-to-length & overlapped|
|Cable Type||Self Regulating|
|Watts Per Ft.||4-10 watts per linear ft.|
|Watts Per Ft. at 50°F/10°C||5W|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||cULus & cCSAus Listed|
|Cable Cross Section||3/8" x 1/4"|
|Cable Jacket||Waterproof thermoplastic|
|Country of Origin (COO)||China|
|Maximum Intermittent Exposure Temperature, 1000 Hours (Power On or Off)||185°F / 85°C|
|Maximum Maintain or Continuous Exposure Temperature (Power On)||149°F / 65°C|
|Minimum Bend Radius||1.125″ / 28.6mm|
|Minimum Installation Temperature||0°F / -18°C|
Documents & Manuals
- ET-End-Kit End Seal Kit Installation Manual (English)
- Gutter Ice Sensor Installation (English)
- Pro Tect Pipe Freeze Protection Self Regulating Heating Cable Install Manual (English)
- Roof And Gutter Cable Installation Manual (English)
- SR-PLUG-KIT Plug-in Conversion Kit with Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) Installation Manual (English)
- SR-PWR-Kit Power Connection Kit Installation Manual (English)
- Roof / Gutter Deicing Quotation Form (English)
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Quote Request Form (English)
- Snow Melting Roof Deicing Infographic (English)
- PRO-Tect Pipe Freeze Protection Self Regulating Heating Cable Power Connection Kit Spec Sheet (English)
- Roof & Gutter Deicing Master Specifications (English)
- Ice Shield Self-Regulating Roof & Gutter Deicing Cable Sell Sheet (English)
- Outdoor Display Program Sell Sheet for Canada (English)
- PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self Regulating Cable Sell Sheet (English)
Customer Questions & Answers
Ice Shield: Self-Regulating Roof and Gutter Deicing Systems has 14 Questions and Answers.
Can the heating element be cut to length or shortened?
Our self-regulating heating product is designed to be cut to length at the jobsite by an installer where it can then be end-capped with accessories (sold separately).
However, our constant wattage kits contain heating elements that cannot be shortened or altered in any way.
How do I estimate the roof and gutter deicing cable length needed?
Cable length needed depends on the sizes and areas of the roof that need to be deiced (roof with gutter, downspouts, valleys, and/or dormers). Our best recommendation is for you to give us a call (1-800-875-5285) and we can help you identify what measurements will need to be taken. Alternatively, you can
measure the dimensions of the aforementioned areas and refer to the installation manual to get an idea of how much cable you'll need.
Do radiant heating products have polarity?
Electric-resistance heating cables and systems have no polarity. This includes all current WarmlyYours heating elements.
Can the cable be installed to remove already formed ice dams or to clear existing ice or snow from a roof?
It is not recommended to install this product to remove ice dams that have already formed or for the purpose of clearing the roof of existing ice and snow.
Can the cable be left on in warm weather or all year long?
We do not recommend leaving the cable on all year long. It's an unnecessary use of energy to run the cable during warm weather and it could actually cause the heating cables to overheat if they're left on during very warm weather.
View all 14 Questions and Answers
Ice Shield: Self-Regulating Roof and Gutter Deicing Systems achieved an average rating of 5.0 stars with 2 reviews by our customers.
Roof heat cables, Yes!
Gigi D., La Grange, IL on 02/11/2022
Product works great. WarmlyYours terrific; prepared me with all the necessary information for the installation and back end support if we needed it at the time of installation. I’ll be back.
Amazing Products and Customer Service
Anna H., Elburn, IL on 09/24/2021
I have been a customer with WarmlyYours for about a year now, and i wanted to compliment the amazing products and customer service. Customer Service Representative, Troy, has been so helpful and prompt, it makes ordering a breeze