PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Dual-Zone Control with GFEP
- Available max power outputs: 5W per linear ft., 8W per linear ft., and 10W per linear ft
- Options for 120, 208, 240, and 277 voltages
- Automatically varies wattage for optimal energy savings
- Can be overlapped or criss-crossed
- Safe: cUlus Listed and cCsaus Listed
The PT-DUAL is a control that can be used with WarmlyYours PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable for most commercial (non-hazardous) and residential applications that require 2 independent heater-control circuits. This control can be used for pipe freeze protection or process heating applications. Because this control comes with 2 temperature sensors and 2 built-in relays, it can independently or jointly control 2 resistive loads of up to 30-amps apiece. Another added benefit of this control is that the integrated Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) in each of the heating circuits eliminates the need for GFEP protection in a circuit panel, which can significantly save on cost. The temperature set-points for the control are adjustable from −99.9 °F to 999 °F (note: please confirm the separate temperature rating of the heating element/s you use with the control) though the included sensors have an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F. There are 2 temperature sensor inputs and the heating circuits can operate independently or from 1 sensor.Features:
- Compatible Voltages: 100 – 277 VAC
- Load Rating for Each Heating Circuit: 30-amps
- Included Temperature Sensors: 2 sensors (100k ohms) with 20’ lead-length
- Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP): Self-test GFEP for both heating Circ
- Outdoor Rating: NEMA 4X waterproofing
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Area of Use: Nonhazardous Locations
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: UL and CSA listed
|Activation Temperature||-99.9 to 999 °F|
|Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP)||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||2 x 30 A|
|Voltage||100 - 277 VAC|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||UL and CSA listed|
|Area of Use||Non-hazardous locations|
|Ingress Protection (IPxx) Rating||IP66|
|Built-in GFI||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Temperature Setpoint||Adjustable −99.9 °F to 999 °F|
|Country of Origin (COO)||United States of America|
|Included Sensor||2 x 100k ohms, 20' lead|
Documents & Manuals
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Controls Comparison Chart CANADA (English)
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Dual-Zone Control PT-DUAL Sell Sheet (English)
Customer Questions & Answers
PRO-Tect Dual-Zone Control has 12 Questions and Answers.
We sell three different max power outputs: 10W/ft. 8W/ft., and 5W/ft. Because these cables are self-regulating, the actual power output will depend on the temperature (i.e. the lower the temperature, the higher the power output).
The amount of cable needed depends on the size and type of pipe, and on the lowest expected temperature. Once you know the type of pipe (metal or plastic), pipe diameter, length of pipe, and the minimum expected temperature, you can use this form to request a quote. Just follow the instructions on the form to get it back to us.
Self-regulating heating cables, like PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection cables, use a conductive polymer core, which continually adjusts its heat output.
This is why this type of cable, unlike some heat tapes, won’t burn out if it is wrapped closely together, overlapped, or over-insulated. This also means lower operating costs and increased energy efficiency.
There is no built-in thermostat, but we do have recommended WarmlyYours controls which will activate the system for continuous operation at 40°F or below.
View all 12 Questions and Answers