PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Dual-Zone Control with GFEP
- Available max power outputs: 5W per linear ft., 8W per linear ft., and 10W per linear ft
- Options for 120, 208, 240, and 277 voltages
- Automatically varies wattage for optimal energy savings
- Can be overlapped or criss-crossed
- Safe: cUlus Listed and cCsaus Listed
The PT-DUAL is a control that can be used with WarmlyYours PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable for most commercial (non-hazardous) and residential applications that require 2 independent heater-control circuits. This control can be used for pipe freeze protection or process heating applications. Because this control comes with 2 temperature sensors and 2 built-in relays, it can independently or jointly control 2 resistive loads of up to 30-amps apiece. Another added benefit of this control is that the integrated Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) in each of the heating circuits eliminates the need for GFEP protection in a circuit panel, which can significantly save on cost. The temperature set-points for the control are adjustable from −99.9 °F to 999 °F (note: please confirm the separate temperature rating of the heating element/s you use with the control) though the included sensors have an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F. There are 2 temperature sensor inputs and the heating circuits can operate independently or from 1 sensor.Features:
- Compatible Voltages: 100 – 277 VAC
- Load Rating for Each Heating Circuit: 30-amps
- Included Temperature Sensors: 2 sensors (100k ohms) with 20’ lead-length
- Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP): Self-test GFEP for both heating Circ
- Outdoor Rating: NEMA 4X waterproofing
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Area of Use: Nonhazardous Locations
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: UL and CSA listed
|Activation Temperature||-99.9 to 999 F°|
|Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP)||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||2 x 30 amps|
|Voltage||100 - 277 VAC|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||UL and CSA listed|
|Area of Use||Non-hazardous locations|
|Ingress Protection (IPxx) Rating||IP66|
|Installed Depth||0.75 in|
|Included Sensor||2 x 100k ohms, 20' lead|
Documents & Manuals
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Controls Comparison Chart USA (English)
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Dual-Zone Control PT-DUAL Sell Sheet (English)
Customer Questions & Answers
PRO-Tect Dual-Zone Control has 4 Questions and Answers.
No. Only install pipe heat (heat trace cable) in accessible locations. Do not install this self regulating cable in walls or any place where the cable is hidden. Do not run it through walls, ceilings, or floors. The cable must be installed 10“ away from combustible surfaces, such as wood, and it should not be embedded in insulation or roofing material.
What is the difference between WarmlyYours Ice Shield and WarmlyYours Pro-Tect self regulating cable?
Ice Shield is 120V or 240V and outputs 5W/ft, and is designed for roof and gutter deicing.
PRO-Tect is 120V or 240V and outputs 5W/ft, 8W/ft, or 10W/ft, and is designed for pipe freeze protection.
View all 4 Questions and Answers