PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Dual-Zone Control with GFEP
The PT-DUAL is a control that can be used with WarmlyYours PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable for most commercial (non-hazardous) and residential applications that require 2 independent heater-control circuits. This control can be used for pipe freeze protection or process heating applications. Because this control comes with 2 temperature sensors and 2 built-in relays, it can independently or jointly control 2 resistive loads of up to 30-amps apiece. Another added benefit of this control is that the integrated Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) in each of the heating circuits eliminates the need for GFEP protection in a circuit panel, which can significantly save on cost. The temperature set-points for the control are adjustable from −99.9 °F to 999 °F (note: please confirm the separate temperature rating of the heating element/s you use with the control) though the included sensors have an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F. There are 2 temperature sensor inputs and the heating circuits can operate independently or from 1 sensor.Features:
- Compatible Voltages: 100 – 277 VAC
- Load Rating for Each Heating Circuit: 30-amps
- Included Temperature Sensors: 2 sensors (100k ohms) with 20’ lead-length
- Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP): Self-test GFEP for both heating Circ
- Outdoor Rating: NEMA 4X waterproofing
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Area of Use: Nonhazardous Locations
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: UL and CSA listed
Feel free to chat us if you have any questions about which accessories would be best for your system.
|Activation Temperature||-99.9 to 999 F°|
|Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP)||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||2 x 30 amps|
|Voltage||100 - 277 VAC|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||UL and CSA listed|
|Area of Use||Non-hazardous locations|
|Ingress Protection (IPxx) Rating||IP66|
|Installed Depth||0.75 in|
|Included Sensor||2 x 100k ohms, 20' lead|
|Shipping Height||9 in|
|Shipping Length||16 in|
|Shipping Weight||7.6 lbs|
|Shipping Width||11 in|
Documents & Manuals
- Pipe Freeze Protection PT-DUAL Data Sheet
- PRO-Tect Pipe Freeze Protection Self Regulating Heating Cable Power Connection Kit Spec Sheet
- PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable Spec Sheet
- Pipe Freeze Protection PT-DUAL Installation Sheet A
- Pro Tect Pipe Freeze Protection Self Regulating Heating Cable Install Manual
- SR-PLUG-KIT Plug-in Conversion Kit with Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) Installation Manual
- SR-PWR-Kit Power Connection Kit Installation Manual
Customer Questions & Answers
How do I attach the cable to the pipe?
We recommend using a fiberglass-based tape, which is available from WarmlyYours.
Is it always on? Is there a built-in thermostat?
There is no built-in thermostat, but we do have recommended WarmlyYours controls which will activate the system for continuous operation at 40°F or below.
Do I have to use insulation? Why?
Yes, insulation is highly recommended for use with a pipe freeze protection system for the following reasons:
· It helps cut down on heat loss from the heated water pipe.
· Properly installed insulation helps keep the cable in good contact with the water pipe so that maximum surface area contact is achieved.
· While the cable is wet location approved, weatherproofed insulation adds an extra layer of protection. Ideally, the insulation will be nonflammable and waterproofed.
What makes up a “pipe freeze protection system”?
At a minimum: a PRO-Tect Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Cable, an End Seal kit, and a Power Connection Kit. However, we also strongly recommend a control. All of these components are directly available from WarmlyYours (along with other accessories).
Use of another manufacturer’s components will void the warranty.
Will pipe freeze protection cables work on DC voltage?
No. They are not designed to be powered by DC voltage. They must be used with AC voltage.
Is there a maximum length?
Yes, this depends on the cable type, voltage, and starting temperature. Refer to the Maximum Length vs. Circuit Breaker Size chart found in the manual.
Can pipe freeze protection cable be cut-to-length?
Yes. Because the cable is a parallel electrical device, it can be cut to length without affecting its power output per foot. Because we also sell this product by the foot, you can ensure minimal waste on the job-site.
How much cable will I need for my project?
The amount of cable needed depends on the size and type of pipe, and on the lowest expected temperature. Once you know the type of pipe (metal or plastic), pipe diameter, length of pipe, and the minimum expected temperature, you can use this form to request a quote. Just follow the instructions on the form to get it back to us.
What is the power output of this cable?
We sell three different max power outputs: 10W/ft. 8W/ft., and 5W/ft. Because these cables are self-regulating, the actual power output will depend on the temperature (i.e. the lower the temperature, the higher the power output).
How does this type of cable work?
Self-regulating heating cables, like PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection cables, use a conductive polymer core, which continually adjusts its heat output.
This is why this type of cable, unlike some heat tapes, won’t burn out if it is wrapped closely together, overlapped, or overinsulated. This also means lower operating costs and increased energy efficiency.
Where can pipe freeze protection cable be used?
This heating cable can be used to protect aboveground water pipes, which are insulated and weatherproofed, from freezing—weatherproofing is particularly important for any cable installed outdoors.
Control achieved an average rating of 5.0 stars with 1 reviews by our customers.
Great Design Support
Dave R., Woodstock, IL on 05/25/2017
Easy product to install. In stock and quick delivery. Great design support.