PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Single-Zone Control with GFEP
- Available max power outputs: 5W per linear ft., 8W per linear ft., and 10W per linear ft
- Options for 120, 208, 240, and 277 voltages
- Automatically varies wattage for optimal energy savings
- Can be overlapped or criss-crossed
- Safe: cUlus Listed and cCsaus Listed
The PT-SINGLE is a control that can be used with WarmlyYours PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable for most commercial (non-hazardous) and residential pipe freeze protection or process heating applications. This control comes with single temperature sensor and a built-in relay, which will allow it to control a heating circuit with a resistive load of up to 30-amps. Another added benefit of this control is that the integrated Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) in the heating circuit eliminates the need for GFEP protection in a circuit panel, which can significantly save on cost. The temperature set-points for the control are adjustable from −99.9 °F to 999 °F (Note: please confirm the separate temperature rating of the heating element/s you use with the control) though the included sensor has an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F. There are 2 temperature sensor inputs and the heating circuits can operate independently or from 1 sensor.Features:
- Compatible Voltages: 100 – 277 VAC
- Load Rating for Heating Circuit: 30-amps
- Included Temperature Sensors: 1 sensor (100k ohms) with 20’ lead-length
- Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP): Self-test GFEP
- Outdoor Rating: NEMA 4X
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Area of Use: Nonhazardous Locations
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: UL and CSA listed
|Activation Temperature||-99.9 to 999 F°|
|Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP)||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||30A|
|Voltage||100 - 277 VAC|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||UL and CSA listed|
|Area of Use||Non-hazardous locations|
|Ingress Protection (IPxx) Rating||IP66|
|Country of Origin (COO)||United States of America|
|Included Sensor||100k ohms, 20' lead|
Documents & Manuals
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Controls Comparison Chart CANADA (English)
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Single-Zone Control PT-SINGLE Sell Sheet (English)
Customer Questions & Answers
PRO-Tect Single-Zone Control has 4 Questions and Answers.
Can pipe heat be installed in walls?
No. Only install pipe heat (heat trace cable) in accessible locations. Do not install this self regulating cable in walls or any place where the cable is hidden. Do not run it through walls, ceilings, or floors. The cable must be installed 10“ away from combustible surfaces, such as wood, and it should not be embedded in insulation or roofing material.
What is the difference between WarmlyYours Ice Shield and WarmlyYours Pro-Tect self regulating cable?
Ice Shield is 120V or 240V and outputs 5W/ft, and is designed for roof and gutter deicing.
PRO-Tect is 120V or 240V and outputs 5W/ft, 8W/ft, or 10W/ft, and is designed for pipe freeze protection.
Can I plug self regulating cable into an electrical outlet?
WarmlyYours offers a conversion kit (SR-PLUG-KIT) to enable a plug-in requirement. This kit includes ground fault equipment protection (GFEP). The receptacle must be 120V, grounded, and approved for wet locations if located outside. The self regulating cable must not exceed 140‘ in length.
View all 4 Questions and Answers