PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Single-Zone Control with GFEP
- Available max power outputs: 5W per linear ft., 8W per linear ft., and 10W per linear ft
- Options for 120, 208, 240, and 277 voltages
- Automatically varies wattage for optimal energy savings
- Can be overlapped or criss-crossed
- Safe: cUlus Listed and cCsaus Listed
The PT-SINGLE is a control that can be used with WarmlyYours PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection Self-Regulating Heating Cable for most commercial (non-hazardous) and residential pipe freeze protection or process heating applications. This control comes with single temperature sensor and a built-in relay, which will allow it to control a heating circuit with a resistive load of up to 30-amps. Another added benefit of this control is that the integrated Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP) in the heating circuit eliminates the need for GFEP protection in a circuit panel, which can significantly save on cost. The temperature set-points for the control are adjustable from −99.9 °F to 999 °F (Note: please confirm the separate temperature rating of the heating element/s you use with the control) though the included sensor has an operating range of −40 °F to 230 °F. There are 2 temperature sensor inputs and the heating circuits can operate independently or from 1 sensor.Features:
- Compatible Voltages: 100 – 277 VAC
- Load Rating for Heating Circuit: 30-amps
- Included Temperature Sensors: 1 sensor (100k ohms) with 20’ lead-length
- Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP): Self-test GFEP
- Outdoor Rating: NEMA 4X
- Ingress Protection Rating: IP66
- Area of Use: Nonhazardous Locations
- Warranty: 2 years
- Certifications: UL and CSA listed
|Activation Temperature||-99.9 to 999 °F|
|Ground Fault Equipment Protection (GFEP)||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Maximum Load (Resistive Only)||30 A|
|Voltage||100 - 277 VAC|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||UL and CSA listed|
|Area of Use||Non-hazardous locations|
|Ingress Protection (IPxx) Rating||IP66|
|Built-in GFI||Self-test GFEP (Adjustable 1-300mA)|
|Temperature Setpoint||Adjustable −99.9 °F to 999 °F|
|Country of Origin (COO)||United States of America|
|Included Sensor||100k ohms, 20' lead|
Documents & Manuals
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Controls Comparison Chart USA (English)
- Self-Regulating Pipe Freeze Protection Single-Zone Control PT-SINGLE Sell Sheet (English)
Customer Questions & Answers
PRO-Tect Single-Zone Control has 12 Questions and Answers.
We sell three different max power outputs: 10W/ft. 8W/ft., and 5W/ft. Because these cables are self-regulating, the actual power output will depend on the temperature (i.e. the lower the temperature, the higher the power output).
The amount of cable needed depends on the size and type of pipe, and on the lowest expected temperature. Once you know the type of pipe (metal or plastic), pipe diameter, length of pipe, and the minimum expected temperature, you can use this form to request a quote. Just follow the instructions on the form to get it back to us.
Self-regulating heating cables, like PRO-Tect: Pipe Freeze Protection cables, use a conductive polymer core, which continually adjusts its heat output.
This is why this type of cable, unlike some heat tapes, won’t burn out if it is wrapped closely together, overlapped, or over-insulated. This also means lower operating costs and increased energy efficiency.
There is no built-in thermostat, but we do have recommended WarmlyYours controls which will activate the system for continuous operation at 40°F or below.
View all 12 Questions and Answers