30′ PRO-Tect DIY Plug-in Heating Cable Kit for Pipes, Constant Wattage (7W/ft), 120V
- This 30' cable is great for 3/8” – 1 1/2” diameter pipes up to 30’ long
- Easy plug-in operation with indicator light and integrated thermostat
- Stops pipes from freezing at temps as low as -40°F/-40°C
- 7 watts per linear foot (constant wattage)
- This kit includes 1 plug-in heating cable, 1 roll of aluminum tape, and 2 rolls of fiberglass tape
PRO-Tect DIY Heating Cable for Pipes, Constant Wattage (7W/ft), 120V Description
A burst water pipe in the dead of winter can be a huge inconvenience and completely replacing the insulation needed to prevent pipes in perimeter walls and crawlspaces from freezing can be cost-prohibitive.
To keep your most vulnerable pipes from freezing, the simple and DIY-friendly solution is to install a PRO-Tect heating cable for pipes. This 30' long 120 V plug-in heating cable generates heat (7 watts per linear foot) which will keep your pipes from freezing in low temperatures. The integrated thermostat control, located between the non-heating lead cable and the heating wire itself, will ensure a consistent temperature while minimizing energy use. The thermostat turns the heating cable on when exposed to temperatures below 37.4°F (3°C). It will shut the heating cable off when the pipe has been heated to a temperature of approximately 50°F (10°C).
In addition to the heating cable, this kit also includes aluminum tape and fiberglass tape for installation. The heat-resistant fiberglass tape is used to securely adhere the cable to the pipe or pipes at regular intervals. The aluminum tape helps to distribute the cable's heat via conduction to increase the heated contact area.
- This 30' cable is great for 3/8” – 3/4" diameter pipes up to 32’ long and 1” – 1 1/2” diameter pipes up to 30’ long
- Also includes 1 98' roll of aluminum tape and 2 66' rolls of fiberglass tape for installation
- DIY-friendly with plug-in operation (no additional controls required)
- 7 watts per linear foot (constant wattage)
- Safe: cUL Listed, CSA Listed, and cETLus Listed
- Covered by a 2-year warranty
|Cable Construction||Twin conductor|
|Cable Type||Constant Wattage|
|Plug-Type||NEMA 5-15 (Type B)|
|Plug-in Cord Length||2′|
|Watts Per Linear Ft.||7W|
Warranty / Certifications
|Approvals||cUL Listed, CSA Listed, and cETLus Listed|
|Country of Origin (COO)||China|
|Maximum Pipe Diameter||1 ½″ (3.81cm)|
|Minimum Bend Radius||1″ (2.54cm)|
|Minimum Installation Temperature||15°F (-10°C)|
|Thermostat||Built-in: ON setpoint 37.4°F (3°C), OFF setpoint 50°F (10°C)|
Documents & Manuals
- Constant Wattage Pipe Freeze Protection System Installation Manual (English)
- Constant Wattage Pipe Freeze Protection System Installation Manual (French)
Customer Questions & Answers
PRO-Tect DIY Heating Cable for Pipes, Constant Wattage (7W/ft), 120V has 14 Questions and Answers.
Will heat tape really keep my pipes from freezing?
Simply put, yes--the right type of heat tape will really keep your pipes from freezing. By applying gentle heat, heat tape can prevent the water in your pipes from turning to ice and blocking the flow of water--or worse. Combined with proper insulation, heat tape regulates the overall temperature of your water pipes.
What is heat trace?
Heat trace, heat tape, or heating cable for pipes is typically an electric heating cable that can be attached to the pipe which helps keep non-flowing water pipes in poorly insulated perimeter walls flowing despite harsh winter temperatures.
Can heat tape start a fire?
No, as long as it's properly installed. However, improper installation, use, and/or maintenance of electrical heating cable can cause fires, electric shock, and/ or frozen pipes.
How does a heat tape for pipes work?
By attaching a heating cable to the exterior of a pipe, it will transfer the heat to the pipe to prevent frozen pipes. And with the use of pipe insulation the heat will be evenly spread and won't dissipate as quickly.
View all 14 Questions and Answers
PRO-Tect DIY Heating Cable for Pipes, Constant Wattage (7W/ft), 120V achieved an average rating of 5.0 stars with 1 reviews by our customers.
Amazing Products and Customer Service
Anna H., Elburn, IL on 09/24/2021
I have been a customer with WarmlyYours for about a year now, and i wanted to compliment the amazing products and customer service. Customer Service Representative, Troy, has been so helpful and prompt, it makes ordering a breeze